The Digital Display Unit* for the Elecraft KPA1500 allows you to monitor these crucial readings all at the same time.
WITH REPAIR COST AND DOWN TIME FOR REPAIRS, CAN YOU AFFORD TO BE WITHOUT THIS!
A great way to help protect your investment1. Power amplifier's heat sink temperature2. Power amplifier's high voltage supply voltage3. Power amplifier's current4. Power amplifier's output power5. SWR that the KPA1500 sees at its output
6. Operate or Standby mode
7. Band amp is tuned to
KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR KPA1500'S STATS! BEFORE SOMETHING HAPPENS!
Display Unit can be located at a more visible location
up to the RS232 limit from KPA1500 unit
Place the DDU right at your viewing location
Easy to read 2 line display
No USB or serial cable to computer
No com port in Windows to manage
No computer needed
Plug and Play
Simply connect the SUPPLIED dc power cable (with inline on/off switch) to 9-14 volt power supply and SUPPLIED 3.5MM data jumper cable to the KPA1500's XCVR SERIAL port
Retains all functions of the KPA1500 front panel
All displayed info obtained directly from the KPA1500
4" x 4" x 2"
The DDU will poll the KPA1500 and display PA voltage and PA temperature during receive and transmit cycles. It will add watts, SWR and current during transmit. Also shows Band and Operate or Standby mode. There is a built in hold time to keep the watts and SWR displayed for a short amount of time after unkeying.
KPA1500 Digital Display Unit(DDU) Installation Instructions:
1. Turn power off to your Elecraft KPA1500 by unplugging it from the main power source.
2. Connect the power cable from DDU to your power supply. (14.5V max) A 6 foot power cable is supplied with the DDU along with an inline power switch.
3. Using the supplied 3.5mm data cable, connect the 3.5mm stereo end into the 3.5mm jack on the DDU. You can use a longer high quality stereo patch cable to relocate the DDU to a better viewing location.
4. Connect the other end to the RS232 jack labeled XCVR SERIAL on the KPA1500.
5. Reconnect main power to the KPA1500. Turn on the main power switch.
6. Power on the 12 volt source to the DDU.
7. The DDU will display on the top line output power in watts, s for standby or o for operate, PA voltage and PA temperature.
8. The DDU will display on the bottom line the band the amp is set to, SWR seen by the KPA1500 and PA current.
The DDU will poll the KPA1500 and display PA voltage, standby or operate, the band amp is on and PA temperature during receive and transmit cycles. It will add watts, SWR and current during transmit. There is a built in hold time to keep the watts and SWR displayed for a short amount of time after unkeying.
Thanks for purchasing the KV5J KPA1500 Digital Display Unit. All questions will be answered at this email: [email protected]
NOTE: The center pin is positive on the DDU power jack. The red wire is also positive on the power cable. The RS232 P baud rate must be set to 38400 B.
You may need to enable TECH MODE, then enable the XCVR SERIAL PORT. Changing it from ICOM to SERIAL. The XCVR SERIAL port baud rate must be set to 38400 B.